Re: video wiring for lcd panels: HDMI, DVI, other?

John M Lauck wrote:
> If you were wiring to display video on lcd panels throughout a home
> (say 2 to 4 screens), what wiring would you use?  HDMI seems to be
> easiest and most cost effective because it's smaller wire (vs
> composite, dvi etc), best quality and includes audio and video.
> However, are there any encryption or other issues with using HDMI? The
> purpose would be to display anything from a computer, tv or security
> system.  I'm aware that the system would require conversion and
> distribution boxes to bring everything into HDMI.  Am I wrong to
> assume that would be best?

I would be inclined to use a cat5 system like this:

www.audioauthority.com/product_details/AVX-661

If you want to run discrete cables mini-coax is a lot smaller than
multiple runs of RG6:

www.techtoolsupply.com/index.asp?pageaction=viewcats&category=330
www.techtoolsupply.com/index.asp?pageaction=viewcats&category=329

There are other brands. Be sure to check compatibility of connectors and
tooling.

I would avoid HDMI due to content restrictions.