video wiring for lcd panels: HDMI, DVI, other?

If you were wiring to display video on lcd panels throughout a home
(say 2 to 4 screens), what wiring would you use?  HDMI seems to be
easiest and most cost effective because it's smaller wire (vs
composite, dvi etc), best quality and includes audio and video.
However, are there any encryption or other issues with using HDMI? The
purpose would be to display anything from a computer, tv or security
system.  I'm aware that the system would require conversion and
distribution boxes to bring everything into HDMI.  Am I wrong to
assume that would be best?

Thanks,

John