Re: Digital Tools Help Users Save Energy, Study Finds

> I still firmly believe that if the problem is coming OUT of power plant
> smokestacks, that's where it should be controlled.

I agree, better efforts put into controlling pollution from power plants is
certainly VERY important.

But it's no replacement for putting effort into consumer-side energy savings
too.  Neither is worth doing alone.  And please, let's not have this devolve
into another STUPID thread complaining about CFLs.

I'd much rather see better power plant pollution controls, better electrical
distribution and more use of electricty (or hydrogen) in the cars
themselves.  It only seems logical to concentrate pollution reduction at the
source instead of trying to graft it onto the vehicles.    Better electrical
distribution from cleaner sources used to create hydrogen locally would
certainly go a long way to put a dent in hydrocarbon use in vehicles.

Meanwhile I'd certainly like to have a more convenient way to plan my major
appliance use of electric in ways that'd a) save me money and b) cut down on
peak loads.  Give me a widget on the wall in the laundry room that tells me
when it's most effective to run the wash and I'd buy it.