> "Frank Olson" <use_the_email_li...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> a =E9crit dans=
 le
> message de groupe de discussion : A8lkk.106117$kx.27038@xxxxxxxxxxxx
>

> > Petem wrote:
>
> >> "Frank Olson" <use_the_email_li...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> a =E9crit d=
ans
> >> le message de groupe de discussion : otHik.136401$gc5.90470@pd7urf2no.=
..

> >> you want to know where i see justice here?
>
> >> Simple, a honest mom that helped many other people in her life to the
> >> point where about 200 people will go to a remote lake in the north
> >> country (about 3 hour drive from montreal) to be there when we will dr=
op
> >> her dust in the lake where she most liked to go fishing to.. from thos=
> >> people about 50 will be from her family... well this woman didnt survi=
ve
> >> for more then 20 month the same illness that the ass hole from saratog=
> >> have.. at least the bastard from florida will have the same end.. if h=
> >> would have survived and lived for some 20 more years, there would be n=
> >> justice in this world..
>
> > Well, I watched both my parents die with this horrible disease, and I
> > wouldn't want to wish it on anyone (or gloat in their having contracted
> > it).
>
> what you dont understand is that i never wished him this illness.. he got
> it, and thats it..
>
> BUT what i would find unfair is that such a bozo would survive this illne=
ss
> while a good woman didnt...
>
> now is that clear enough or should i make a draft?

RHC: Petem, I can appreciate your anger since I lost my mother last
Xmas after watching her die a slow painful death from esophagal
cancer. She was a  lovely, kind, gentle and caring woman, and when she
passed away I felt like lashing out in anger at the unfairness of it
all. But then you have to stop and realize that these "unfair" things
happen to all kinds of people, and you can only hope there is some
meaning, somewhere, somehow, to some of these deaths. You can't simply
compare the death of one person to that of another and say that one
didn't deserve it while the other does, based on how unfair it seems
to you. Death will come to us all at some point. It's the one and only
defining point where we all meet and are totally equal.

Two nights ago, my young brother in law had an epileptic seizure, fell
and hit his head on the pavement, and died, leaving two young kids and
a wife. Is that fair ? No ! Is it anyone's fault?  No ! Am I angry
about it ?; you're damn right I am.....and I don't know why this sort
of thing happens either (who does..). But you can't say that he should
still be alive while some monster like Clifford Olsen who is is safe
and sound in prison should be dead instead. No one makes us judge and
jury in matters of life and death where circumstances beyond our
control determine fate. Things are just as they are and we can only
live with them and learn to accept them.

Don't misdirect your understandable anger towards someone else in dire
straits. It only serves to demean you. And I'm sure that lovely woman
you describe wouldn't want you to feel that way if she could speak her
mind to you.....