Re: Cause of some major X10 problems found

"Robert Green" <ROBERT_GREEN1963@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> Are we certain that Bruce's setup actually uses the TW523?  I thought he
> was
> using the XTB-II in the TW523 emulation mode.  I don't think it's
> relevant,
> though because I don't believe it's the culprit in any way.  What does the
> TW523 report to the log when it only sees a single frame of the two in
> each
> X-10 command?  That could have some bearing on whether a noise-created
> command is ever logged.  Distance to the source of the signal could also
> effect that.  Jeff can probably explain how the XTB-II reacts to orphaned
> single frame commands.

My intent was to have the XTB-II respond similar to a TW523.  Like the
TW523, it normally receives the first half of a command, and then returns
that in sync with the second half after being error checked.  It does not
return the command if there is a mismatch in the number of "1" and "0" bits.
The XTB-IIR goes further and verifies that each bit pair is complimentary as
they are received.

Since the XTB-II does not need a gap to separate commands, it can accept
either half of a command as long as it contains a valid start pattern and
the correct number of complimentary bits before the next gap or start
pattern.  The goal is to pass any valid X10 command to the automation
controller.

Jeff