Re: Why cling to old X10?

On Sep 14, 7:00 pm, "D&SW" <d...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> You and Bill Kerney should start an "X10 Hate Club". What neither of you
> seem to comprehend, or are simply incapable of accepting, is;  there are
> plenty users out there that are quite happy with X10. I'm one of them.
>
> "RickH" <passp...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> > Why do so many here still cling to X10 when there are more dependable
> > mesh networks available like zwave, insteon, etc.?  Reading through
> > the past posts there are so many war stories with X10, at what point
> > are these headaches no longer worth it?  I waited 3 years to install
> > the switches/load handlers in my basement remodel, simply because I
> > had had enough with X10 and ACT's A10 and I knew other mesh products
> > were coming.  I'm glad I waited and wonder why others continue to
> > patch a leaky boat.- Hide quoted text -

You guys know best, I'm just a consumer who had problems with X10 for
years, but now I have no problems, this system is rock solid so far.
I dont hate X10, it has just been undependable for me and I've had a
lot of problems with relay chatter and devices failing, as well as
flashing lights where you have to hit the button 5 times hoping the
light lands the way you want it after it stops flashing, (maybe
Chinese manufacturing but failed nonetheless).  I still use some X10
in fact because my DSC alarm and dusk/dawn porch lights are X10.  I
dont want to play with gear, I just want to install it and forget it,
and have it do my scenes.  The RF bridge is ingenious because it
bridges through a medium that is not the same medium that could have
the problem it's bridging (catch 22), when I get my two access points
I'll make sure I have them listening on each side of the split phase.