Re: Z-Wave Pool Thermostat with Water Temperature Sensor

"Robert L Bass" wrote:

> "Richard Kaplan" wrote:
>>
>> Are there other manufacturers who make a z-wave thermostat with a
>> pool water sensor?  Is it true that z-wave is not a practical use
>> for this application?  If so, what other design would be better?
>
> I'm not sure.  I'll check with some of our manufacturers and get
> back to you.  If you plan to use Z-Wave for lights and other things
> in the home or at least in the pool area, that may still be worth
> investigating.  If not, you should consider other protocols.  The
> simplest approach might be to just run a wire.  Is this still
> possible or has the building been closed up already?

Followup: I checked with ELK Products and they were not aware of an
alternative Z-Wave compatible temperature sensor for use in the
swimming pool.  However, as mentioned below, there are hard-wired
probes which will do the job quite well.  ELK Products makes a
ELK-M1ZTSR temperature sensor and remote probe kit.  There are other
manufacturers producing similar products.  Since I sell ELK Products
I'll use this one in my own application.

There's a brief thread on the ELK web forum where one user describes
how he monitors and controls his swimming pool system using the
ELK-M1G controller.  You may find it interesting, regardless what
controller you decide to use.  If you want to read it, call my office
and I'll get you a user name and password from the manufacturers.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics