Re: Home automation in Europe

"toni maroni" wrote:

> As I live I Europe, how developed is home automation here/there. I
> see lots of hardwired products and every manufacture has its own
> solution and what personally I don't like is no possibility to
> combine products from different manufactures (not sure if this is
> true). And this is not the case with X10 or Z-Wave (those two are
> communication protocols). E.g. I found 15 different (price and
> design) remote controls for X10 while you have only two ("old" and
> "new" version) from a certain German company. And on the other hand
> hardwired is expensive and difficult to install in "old" house or
> apartment.
>
> I ask this because the difference between 120 and 230 Volts, so
> buying in the US is not the option (e.g. switches). So are there
> any European companies that develop or sell their on X10 or Z-Wave
> products for 230 Volts. Remote controls are not the problem, they
> go on batteries J

There's an extensive list of Z-Wave manufacturers and developers on
the Z-Wave Alliance website.  Many have operations in Europe and are
making or developing products for use with 220VAC / 50 Hz.  Here's a

There are several manufacturers marketing X10 products in Europe but
that's not my primary area of interest so I haven't kept up to date
on it.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass