Re: LED Xmas lights and X10.. the final solution...

Hey just an idea to add to that setup...

Since you're using X10 to trigger the relay, then have you considered
scheduling the lights using X10 also?  For example, an MT10 Mini Timer
Kit ( www.nextevolution.com.au/productsinfo.asp?productcode=MT10 ) can
be configured to turn X10 devices on & off at programmed times...
cheaper solution than setting up a PC to do the controlling (unless you
already have a PC setup for home automation) - for under 100 bucks you
won't have to remember to switch on the Xmas tree lights :-)    I use
an MT10 at my bedside table to manually control some lights close by,
but setting it up to control the Xmas lights would be funky.

--
vincentb

Regards,

Vincent B