LED Xmas lights and X10.. the final solution...

OK..  After doing testing with 1-4 strings of LEDs and the X10 mods I
had on hand (modified and unmodifed) here's what I did... (none of the
modules would turn off the Leds all the way

- Home Depot - gray plastic box, outlet cover, and outlet - ~$2
- 2' power cord (salvaged from junk box)
- 110v AC relay (ratshack - $8, but I'm sure they can be found cheaper -
10amp contactsis what I got)  Just make sure it will fit in the outlet
box, with the outlet

Basically, wired so that when power is a applied, relay closes and power
is applied to the outlet..  Using a std X10 appliance module all works!
  I plug the relay into the module, the LED lights into the relay.  It's
less visible than adding a incandescent light to the mix..  2' cord is
enough to set the outlet box on the floor (containing the relay).

The relay is DPDT, but only switching hot, so I can easily use the other
side for dry contact at a later time. (3 screw terminals on the outside
of the box and wire to the relay is all it takes...)