Re: Fluorescent Bulbs Are Known to Zap Domestic Tranquillity; Energy-Savers a Turnoff for Wives

"Robert Green" <ROBERT_GREEN1963@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Ever been interviewed by a reporter?

Been there, done that, got a scrapbook full of such fictions. Of course, I
wasn't always as meek and mild-mannered as I am in CHA - I'm mellowing with
age. ;)

Actually, I tried to educate the NYT reporter whose inflated figures first
caught my eye. I emailed him with links to DOE statistics for residential
and industrial electricity end uses, telling him I couldn't find similar
reports for the commercial sector. He responded by saying the commercial
sector figures for lighting were high enough to support his overall figure
(IIRC, 22%). I disagreed and suggested he could get accurate figures from
EIA (maybe even later, unpublished ones, given his position). He didn't
respond. I now view all his environmental articles with a wary eye.

When I saw similarly bloated figures in the AP story, I took my own advice
and emailed EIA. A day later I had links to the latest published stats for
all sectors and email addresses for individuals to contact for more detailed
data for each sector. Unfortunately, there was no apparent way to contact
the reporter for the AP.