Re: Universal Remote Help!

You're right Dave - it could be done with the MX3000 equipment alone.
You can pick up an MX3000 for right around $525 (+/-) new on eBay.   I
bought mine (used) for $450 with 2 MRF250 receivers, but never tried
using the receivers yet.

Sean could likely get everything for well under $1,000.  I still can't
get my wife to use ours, but the favorite channels and convenience are
great in my opinion and it sure is cute.

John