LINUX Insteon owners

Hello All,
   I have a Insteon Powerlinc V2 USB and I would like to use it for my
Home Automation needs under LINUX. These days I learned a new
expression that fits well :

It's a Royal Pain ! (and so far a waste of money: INSTEON listen here)

All the efforts seams to be "almost there" but none really offers a
reliable solution. Lockups are frequent etc...

Licensing issues, protocol issues, personal issues the more you have
the longer the list. Out there there are gifted LINUX programmers,
better than what I am for sure with USB/HID/KERNEL/MODULES etc... how
is that we "LINUX community" cannot have a decent product as the
Windows/MAC owners ?

Is INSTEON Listening too?

Hope this will spice up the interest again !

regards to you all.  F.