Re: N:Vision CFL's

"Marc_F_Hult" <MFHult@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

<stuff snipped>

> >They're completely over-used, IMHO, by folks too lazy to create an HTML
> >page.
>
> ROTFL
>
> The great preponderance of moderately complex documents prepared for
public
> distribution are in pdf in my experience.

That state exists simply because Adobe worked hard for that to happen.  It's
the same sort of reason we're stuck with Windows.  "In wide use" doesn't
mean "excellent" of even "good" by default.  Adobe profits wildly from this
since they happen to own the technology.  That's antithetical to the spirit
of the web, at least in IMHO.  It's also not display device-independent, a
major feature of the web that PDF's, at least IMHO, violate outrageously.

> Why don't you proclaim "Y'all are too lazy" at a public meeting?

Personal jibe.  Unwelcome as all of them.  Read the actual text.  It's not
laziness, it's security and usability, but you never miss a chance to hit
below the belt and accuse someone of something if there's the slightest
opportunity, do you Marc?

> That, as you say, would make their "jaws drop".

Perhaps you're blessed with perfect vision.  Those who are not find PDFs far
more troublesome than you do because they are typically NOT device
independent but are designed for PRINTING on an 8.5 by 11" page.  That means
pan and scan for a LOT of people.  There are tools to convert said PDF
documents for use on the web, but many webmasters, it seems, are too lazy to
look out for their sight-impaired brothers and sisters to bother to use it.

Then there are the security issues I mentioned to Jeff.

> >PDF's are designed for mythical beings who possess with two,
> >vertically oriented, specially oversized monitors running side by side
from
> >a dual head graphics card.
>
> Seems like I'm mythical.  Neat! ;-)

Good for you.  Be proud of your good eyes.  Try to put them to good use
instead of using them to constantly try to put people down.

--
Bobby G.