Re: N:Vision CFL's

On Sat, 24 Mar 2007 22:25:02 -0400, "Slammer" <mjinks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
message  <GNWdnQrnRd7NQJjbnZ2dnUVZWhednZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

>"Dave Houston" <nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> "Slammer" <mjinks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>>But why?  Consumers are charged in kW-Hr not kVA-Hr. There is no VAR
>>>penalty. If there were, a capactior could be used to correct the power
>>>factor.
>>
>> That may change. If incandescents are banned as some propose, most
>> residential loads will be non-linear.
>>
>??
>
>Non-linear? NON-LINEAR? You've got to be joking. WTF?
>Spare me. You can't even argue properly.
>

>Please, don't be silly. Go to school. Take Diff-EQs and get back to me.

You might google ' CFLs non-linear ' for hundreds of  non-silly references
properly "argued".

No need to "go to school" again.  Differential equations and linear algebra
were required courses in my geophysics graduate school program. I've used
PDEs in 3D finite difference hydrologic modeling since the 1970's.

No need for you to be obscene, either.

(Friendly suggestion: Avoid having too much vino with your pan de higos. Best
I've ever had were on Formentera where they are called 'pa de figa' in that
island's dialect of Catalan.. Michael Jinks, aka "Slammer"
<mjinks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> knows what I mean.)

...Marc
Marc_F_Hult
www.ECOntrol.org