Re: Insteon/X10

"Robert L Bass" <no-sales-spam@bassburglaralarms> wrote in message

> > "Another patent, number 5,905,442 has to
> > do with two-way controls, where the status
> > of certain devices on the network can be
> > transmitted to the controlling device, and
> > the controllers can respond to those
> > status reports. "

Sounds like prior art exists in the X-10 two-way modules.  The home
powerline is a network, even if it's not a terrible intelligent one.
Reminds me of when Apple sued Microsoft over technology they both had stolen
from Adele Goldberg and Xerox.  The judge told them both to "go pound sand."
That would be a nice outcome here, too, at least for HA consumers.

--
Bobby G.