DSL wiring question

I switching to DSL, so I'm going to put a whole house filter in the
basement. But I'm wondering if I need/should upgrade my wiring to the to the
computer room. There's currently two 4-wire 'telephone' cables (non twisted)
running to the computer room. I was thinking of replacing one of these with
Cat5e to carry the DSL signal and perhaps the regular phone line. But
considering the phone line to the house appears to have about 8 pairs of non
twisted wires, how much is this going to matter?