Re: Dimmers and auto-iris lenses

"Bill Kearney" <wkearney-99@hot-mail-com> wrote in message
news:T-WdnZsRWbDKj2nYnZ2dnUVZ_qOpnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> "B Fuhrmann" <b-fuhrmann-usenet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
message
> > > Get a dimmer you can monitor.  By the time you lash up some hack to
work
> > > you could've gotten it delivered UPS ground.
> >
> > The messages he already sent sort of prove that wrong.
>
> Ah, no.  It just proves some folks are willing to lash together a hideous
> bunch of hacks.

A "hideous hack" might be a term I'd use on something like Lutron's RadioRA
needing a special "Channel B" modification to cope with the interference
experienced on the main channel in RF dense areas like NYC.  (-:  No wait,
isn't that what you call FUD?  I'm sure Lutron is marketing
location-specific channel "B" gear just for the fun of it, not because they
were faced with any *real* failures in an RF-dense location like NYC.

The night light "dimming indicator" is doing exactly what I want it to do
for under $5 and about 20 minutes of my time.  Until the dogs complain that
it's so hideous looking that I have to take it down, I think it's going to
work out just fine.  Of course, I could buy a fancy dimmer and controller to
do the same thing if I wanted to hemorrhage money instead of being
resourceful.  And I could wait for it to be delivered.  And I could spend
time installing it.  The reality is that I've wasted more time explaining
how well the "hideous hack" works to you than it took to implement and
that's the really hideous part!

--
Bobby G.