Re: Home Audio and Windows Vista

> "wieczors" <sarah.wieczorek@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Good Afternoon:
>>
>> We're building a home and in the process of researching options for
>> home automation. We are planning on purchasing a computer with Windows
>> Vista. Has anyone installed a multi-zone audio system and connected it
>> to Windows Vista? If so, can you offer some suggestions/advice! Thanks
>> and have a great day!
>
> Yes. Read everything you can about Vista's DRM (Digital Rights
> Management) and how it can prevent you from using content you have a
> perfect right to use. Make sure you know what you're getting in to.
>
> If you really, really want Vista, I'd recommend waiting at least a year
> to see how things settle out. Or you might take a look at Apple's
> offerings.

Apple will prove no better. Still Vista has a serious flaw in that you
cannot
playback HDTV as a digital signal because of DRM.

Open source Unix will prove a better option. FreeBSD, Fedora, OpenSusie,
even Solaris.

Horror story here:
http://www.cs.auckland.ac.nz/~pgut001/pubs/vista_cost.html#quality