Re: garage remote jamming

"Robert Green" <ROBERT_GREEN1963@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:9N2dncCwPcN4VHrYnZ2dnUVZ_vTinZ2d@xxxxxxxxxx

>  Right now, my admittedly limited
> understanding of radio transmissions tells me that a stronger transmitter
> will completely drown out a weaker one on the same frequency.

There is a technique that uses spread-spectrum and correlation between a
received signal and a pseudo-random pattern.  It is possible to recover a
weak signal even in the presence of jamming with this method.  Bandwidth is
limited, and it takes time to search until a pattern match is found.  But it
amazing how that signal pops out of the noise when correlation is achieved.
GPS receivers use this technique to recover the weak satellite signals.

Jeff