Re: pager/phone to caregiver

"bill" <williams12345@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:1172783339.142938.117060@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> AlarmCoJoe,
>   Do you have any real world experience with the range:
> "Dependable Call Button with up to 150-foot range"
> Thanks for the reference.
> bill

No matter what the device, the key words are "up to."  That means what you
might expect with new batteries . . . between two rubber rafts floating on
lake . . . in the middle of a sunspot lull . . . deep inside a dormant
volcano!  I would make sure that no matter what anyone else reports as
personal experience that you buy it with the understanding you can return it
if it doesn't work in *your* environment.  I can pretty much assure you that
if you live in a normal house and not a wide open tent or a loft, you'll
never see 150 feet.

The ability of RF gear to reach from one end of a house to another depends
on a lot of factors.  When you're involved in summoning caregivers, it's
best to err on the side of caution.  We wanted to use a cellphone for my dad
for the purpose you outlined but the coverage in the house was too spotty to
be reliable.

Still, the GE system looks interesting and even 75' would work for my Dad's
house.

http://www.diyalarms.net/caregard.html

(no affliation, just a site that popped up on Google!)

--
Bobby G.