Re: Dissecting CFLs

"Robert Green" <ROBERT_GREEN1963@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>I was thinking of making a jig from a 2 by 4 scraps with two v's cut so that
>I could rotate the base of the bulb around against a 1/2" Dremel cutoff
>wheel at a fixed distance, sort of like a can opener.

Are you insane? Cutting them open will void the warranty. ;-)

AP has another coal story this morning.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/G/GLOBAL_WARMING_STATES?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2007-06-02-12-45-20

Instead of forcing CFLs down people's throats, I think we should just ban
air conditioning. It uses a larger share of electricity than lighting so its
banning would go a lot further towards saving the earth. Of course, that
might create social conflict if folks follow my other suggestion that to
avoid the need for cleaning shower walls one should just avoid showers.