Re: Dissecting CFLs

> Instead of forcing CFLs down people's throats,
> I think we should just ban air conditioning.

There's a better solution.  Build a tunnel from
Alaska to Florida and ship the cold air down
here.

No, wait.  That won't work.  Without doing
anything useful about global warming, Alaska
will be like Florida by the time we finish the
tunnel (or that idiotic fence along the southern
border).

> It uses a larger share of electricity than lighting
> so its banning would go a lot further towards
> saving the earth. Of course, that might create
> social conflict if folks follow my other suggestion
> that to avoid the need for cleaning shower walls
> one should just avoid showers.

There's a better solution than that as well: Save
water.  Shower with a friend.  One can wash
while the other scrubs the stall; then swap.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics