Re: X10 to Wireless signal

larry.erdman@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> We installed a Town & Country fireplace in our home and it has its own
> proprietary wall mounted control and wireless RF remote contol.  I am
> looking for a way to control it with my X10 powerline system and Plato
> software.

Controlling fire with X-10 is a bad idea. Unless you have a manually
operated off device like a valve bad things could happen. Such a valve
would defeat the whole purpose of X-10 except for the wow factor.

In my experience X-10 is over 95% reliable. That is not enough to
control an open flame in my house.

But that is me. I am not comfortable with an RF remote in this
application...