Re: X10 to Wireless signal

It's not likely that the fireplace control will use the same frequency as
used by X-10. Even if it does, the RFXCom hardware is illegal for use in the
USA.

Look on the fireplace remote for an FCC ID number. Then use it to determine
the frequency at...

     https://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/GranteeSearch.cfm

If the frequency is one for which there are readily available transmitter
modules...

     http://davehouston.net/modules.htm

you can buy a receiver and capture the codes using...

     http://davehouston.net/learn.htm

and then build a transmitter module (home built is legal) using...

     http://davehouston.net/rs232_usb-rf.htm

I'm unfamiliar with Plato so I cannot help with the software end.

If you cannot find a transmitter of the right frequency, you might be able
to hack the original remote but that's not always easy.