Re: Help with S32evnt1.DLL not installing properly, please

On 17 jul, 04:13, ClamRake <ClamR...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Have just installed AH 1.42, but during the install a window popped up
> saying
> "an installable virtual device failed initialization; S32evnt1.dll"
>
> By clicking ignore, I was able to continue the AH 1.42 installation.
> AH did find the CM11A and I was able to operate the test relay module
> in the plug strip with the CM11A.  So set the CM11A's clock & stored a
> timer setting for that module and waited.  So far so good.
>
> But at 6pm the lite turned on not at 7:15pm.  After that the AH
> program could not turn the relay module off or on.  (I could turn the
> module on and off with a manual controller plugged in across the room,
> though.)
>
> And in general the CM11A seems unresponsive.
>
> And then 2 hours later AH program had an error in some part of it and
> closed that part.  But the AH program was still up on the desktop.  ??
> So I shut t off and started this post.
>
> Now  I seem to have 3 problems... :(
>
> Help would be appreciated.
>
> ClamRake

I'd say:

1. try to uninstall and re-install the AH (Active Home?) software and
try again!
2. check out the AH vendor (Marmitek) and see if this is a known issue

I have had non-responsive CM11 controller also and problem went away
went I took it out of the power socket (no batteries in the controller
installed anymore) so it must have gone "dead" then which (after
replugging it in the power socket) seemed to have gone back to a state
in which it communicated again and worked fine. Had that a couple of
times especially when the communications link (RS232 "service") was
shut down and restarted again. Somehow sometimes PC and CM11 dont
reconnect than...

HTH,
Marco