Re: reterive status of x10 devices using c#

arnie <parvezat6@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>On Jul 2, 4:11 pm, nob...@xxxxxxxxxxxx (Dave Houston) wrote:
>> arnie <parvez...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I'm not sure what you mean by "one x10 pro device that is connected to a
>> lamp module" but assume that your lamp module is A1 and it's connected
>> directly to the powerline. Not all X-10 made lamp modules respond to Status
>> Request. It's been a long time since I worked with this but IIRC only the
>> 2-way lamp module responds. I don't know the X-10 Pro model designation but
>> the X-10 un-Pro version is LM14A.
>>
>> If you are just starting out, you should consider using Smarthome's lamp
>> modules, etc. Many of them respond to Status Request with a Preset Dim code
>> indicating their current level. They also send this automatically any time
>> there is a change in the state of the device, reducing the need to query.
>
>Thanks for your reply
>Yes i am newbie in this field. Is there no alternative to query using
>other functions available in sdm3 dll or any combination of command.
>Please help
>Thanks once again

I have no idea what sdm3.dll is.

It's a matter of the hardware. If the X-10 module or switch does not support
Status Request you can query from here to eternity using whatever protocol
or dll you like but you'll never get a reply just as you cannot carry on a
verbal conversation with a mime.

Unfortunately, I don't think the documentation for the various modules lists
which commands they respond to so the only way to know is to ask here where
others have learned these details through experience.