Re: Swiming pool alarm

>> Unfortunately, you probably can't do it.
>> The code doesn't only demand that the
>> pool alarm meet UL2017 specs.  It has
>> to actually carry the UL2017 sticker. The
>> ELK-M1G is an excellent controller but
>> it does not carry the proper listing for a
>> swimming pool alarm.
>
> How many Elk M1G systems did you sell
> before it was even UL Listed?

I'm not sure.  Somewhere around 40 or 50 I think.
The problem this gentleman faces is he has to
pass inspection of the pool alarm.  In Florida and
California pool alarms (or fances) are mandatory.
The inspector will usually insist on a UL2017
listed device.

Most inspectors will pass a residential HA or
alarm system with the control panel displaying
"UL Pending" which is what ELK (like every
other maker of a new HA panel) did.

> You were one of the first to "flog" it on your
> website and it was about a year before the
> panel was finally approved...

Correction.  UL does not "approve" anything.
The panel is now UL *listed*.  However, it
is not listed as a pool alarm.  Fortunately for
the gentleman who posted looking for
assistance (not personal vendettas), the
components he requires are less costly than
the ELK-M1G.

Please leave your insults in the security
newsgroup, Olson.  No one here is interested
in your war.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass