Swiming pool alarm

I am going to be installing the ELK M1 Gold system, and was hoping I
could use it's partitioning capability to fill the requirement for a
pool alarm system that is required.  The code says:

Windows with bottom sills less than 48 inches above the floor surface
and all doors
providing direct access for the home to the pool shall be equipped
with an exit alarm
meeting UL2017 specifications with a 85 dB rating at 10 feet and is
either hard wired
or a plug-in type. The device shall have a maximum 15-second
deactivation switch,
with the alarm and switch located a minimum of 54 inches above grade.

It's the UL2017 spec that has me concerned.

Since I intend to disable the alarm once the inspection is done, I was
hoping to avoid the expense of installing a separate system.  Any
information would be appreciated.

Dennis Raher