Re: Swiming pool alarm

Frank, Why did I know that you would react without even asking any
thing. Well, first I don't have any children. Second, I have visited
over 30 homes, both models and owned homes, and without a single
exception either the oener has disconnected the alarm, or the builder
has indicated that the alarm can be disconnected to allow the pool
doors to be left open. Yes I am all in favor of protecting children
against pool accidents, but this approach is rediculous. Most homes in
FL are designed to have the pool area as a focal point with large
sliding doors opening onto the pool area. These alarms do not allow
you to even leave these doors open when you want to. You have to
leave all doors closed at all times!  That's what I consider
rediculous.  This code is a case of excellent intent, but rediculous
implimentation.  If most people are disabling them, because they are
not useable, as appears to be the case, then the code accomplishs
nothing, and should be replaced with a better solution.  I don't
expect someone with your reactionary bent to be able to understand
this line of reasoning.

Dennis Rahher              >