Re: Where is home automation show?

On Wed, 24 Jan 2007 21:14:03 -0500, "Robert L Bass"
<no-sales-spam@bassburglaralarms> wrote:

>> I used to go to a big home automation
>> show in Orlando Fl by Reed Expo. They
>> either don't do it any more or I just
>> couldn't find it.  Where can I find the
>> largish home automation shows?
>
>Hi Larry,
>
>EHExpo runs from March 6-10, 2007.  Here's a link.
>http://www.ehxweb.com/
>
>It's an excellent HA trade show and conference.  If you're in the trade passes are free.  I don't recall what the policy is
>concerning end users.  If you need a ticket let me know and I'll have them send one to you.  I normally attend the EHExpo but this
>year I'll be in Brazil at the time so I'll have to miss it.
>
>CEDIA also runs excellent trades shows.  Their expo is in Denver this year running Sep 5-9.  If you're an installer, CEDIA is
>probably worth joining.  They have good educational seminars for new techs and even some good stuff for more experienced folks.
>Here's their calendar:
>http://www.cedia.net/expo/calendar.php
>
>Reed also does the ISC trade shows.  These are primarily electronic security related expos but there's plenty of HA representation
>as well.  They're not in Florida though.  Here's the NYC event for Sep 11-12
>http://www.isceast.com/app/homepage.cfm?moduleid=42&appname=100036
>
>ISC is supposedly "trade only" but if you want to attend let me know and I'll get you a pass.

I'd very much like to get a trade pass for the EHExpo and CEDIA as I
need to get up to speed and get some hands on with what's available
these days.

My address is:
Larry Alkoff
PMB 296
6705 Hwy 290 West #502
Austin TX 78735

BTW, I posted my snail mail address here because there is no email
address on your web site.

Thanks very much for your offer and hope you are feeling better.

Larry

--
My real sig is much better.