Re: Where is home automation show?

> I used to go to a big home automation
> show in Orlando Fl by Reed Expo. They
> either don't do it any more or I just
> couldn't find it.  Where can I find the
> largish home automation shows?

Hi Larry,

EHExpo runs from March 6-10, 2007.  Here's a link.
http://www.ehxweb.com/

It's an excellent HA trade show and conference.  If you're in the trade passes are free.  I don't recall what the policy is
concerning end users.  If you need a ticket let me know and I'll have them send one to you.  I normally attend the EHExpo but this
year I'll be in Brazil at the time so I'll have to miss it.

CEDIA also runs excellent trades shows.  Their expo is in Denver this year running Sep 5-9.  If you're an installer, CEDIA is
probably worth joining.  They have good educational seminars for new techs and even some good stuff for more experienced folks.
Here's their calendar:
http://www.cedia.net/expo/calendar.php

Reed also does the ISC trade shows.  These are primarily electronic security related expos but there's plenty of HA representation
as well.  They're not in Florida though.  Here's the NYC event for Sep 11-12
http://www.isceast.com/app/homepage.cfm?moduleid=42&appname=100036

ISC is supposedly "trade only" but if you want to attend let me know and I'll get you a pass.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics