Re: Sears Garage door opener + control outdoor lights

"rlsusenet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <NoSuchPerson@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[snip]

>Ah.  I didn't think anyone would try to claim a non-learning,
>non-Homelink RF remote as being Homelink compatible.  Yikes.

Actually, it is rather common to see "Homelink compatible" used this way.

I suspect Johnson Controls charges a hefty license fee for true "Homelink
compatibility". Third-party remotes that use the Homelink technology sell
for $150 (for a three button learning remote). I bet a big chunk of that is
the license fee.

http://davehouston.net