Re: Drivers, Upgrades and SW design - are all the votes in? (-:

"Dean Roddey" <droddey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> "Robert Green" <ROBERT_GREEN1963@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

<much stuff snipped>

RG>> I think my comments are far from "incomphensible" - I think they're
very
RG>> comprehensible; it's just that they're not very comfortable.  To say
RG>> that neither Windows nor CQ has driver issues strains credulity.
That's
RG>> why I pursued such comments so vigorously.

DR> Let's take a vote... Does anyone here think that Peter's arguments are
DR> comprehensible?

Geez, Dean, who the !*^& is *Peter*?   (-:

I rest my case that you're underpaid and overworked.  The underwhelming
number of votes received indicates it's probably time to put this thread to
rest, anyway.

So let's start over.  I'm Robert and not the person, BTW, who talked about
"gouging" earlier on in this thread (he's not Peter, either, FWIW).   I
think that comment marked the moments when the message flavor sadly turned a
little sour.  I believe you, as the vendor, can set any price you think fair
for your product.

Gouging is when insurers report record profits yet raise rates through the
roof because of the media attention to Katrina and other events.  Gouging is
when Big Oil raises prices way out of proportion to the damage caused by
Katrina and report record profits even as they request more federal
incentive money.  Gouging is the retiring CEO of Home Depot getting 200+
million bucks.  Imagine how much better off the stockholders would be if
they spent that money paying bonuses to managers and employees who performed
above and beyond the call of duty?

But I digress.  You're certainly not gouging anyone.  If anything, you're
probably still seriously undercharging for your efforts, based on the time
and effort you've obviously put into CQC.

--
Bobby G.