Re: Best brand coax and F connector for HD cable?

On Tue, 02 Jan 2007 08:42:30 -0700, Ed Nielsen <egnlsn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

<snip>

>multiples of his frequency (harmonics).  The first harmonic of the CB
>band is 54MHz, right in broadcast TV channel 2.  Roger could transmit on
>that very same frequency and nobody would ever know it.

Thanks for the boost and fortunately channel 2 is not used around
here. The problem with operating on the 50 to 54 MHz band, which I do,
is TV sets are poorly shielded and the front ends are highly
susceptible to overload. Hence 50 to 54 is not heavily used in channel
2 fringe areas<:-))

>Also, because of his grounding system (much better than a 4' copper rod
>stuck in the ground), anything that hops onto any of his shields goes
>right to earth before it can go anywhere else.

As I said in another post, my cables (receiving and transmitting) are
grounded at the top of the tower, the base of the tower, and where
they enter the house.  The ground system consists of either 32 or 33
eight foot ground rods, CadWelded (TM) to over 600 feet of cable that
ties the whole works together.

>CIAO!
>
>Ed N.

73 <:-))