Re: SOT: looking for good cordless phone sets

Marc_F_Hult <MFHult@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>Do you mean four independent lines?
Sorry... 3 or 4 handsets all attached to 1 phone line.

Multiple line capability might be nice if we get something that hooks
our cell phones in as a second line.... but i realize that'll drive
the cost up.... and it's certainly not an immediate need.

>I purchased a refurbished Panasonic KX-TG4000B 4-line base +  KX-TGA400B
[...]
>which as best I can tell, meet all of your requirements except $100 price.

It uses standard rechargeable batteries?! Sweet...
Maybe other panasonics do as well. (Custom batteries is a personal
gripe of mine... I love that the OLPC program uses C cells in it's
$100 laptop)

That panasonic looks like a 2.4 unit.... so it might conflict with
microwave and 802.11b/g/n(?). Any problems?

>but at your price point of ~ $25/phone (right, ?) , you might be
>needing to look at other than brand new items.
That's about right... $25-35 a phone.... The only one line makes that
a resonable price for new even. (heck we don't even need/have caller ID...)

Looks like the "multiple handsets talking at once" is called
"conference call" on most of the advertisements. What i want is say
for my wife and me to be able to talk to a person on the phone at the
same time, each from a handset.

--
flip
Just on the border of your waking mind, There lies - Another time,