Re: Home Wiring Question

John J. Bengii wrote:
> I hear you. My current home was wired by a "professional" with a good
> reputation. When i conplained to inspector about a circuit with 10
> recepticles on it and 13 watts of known load he remarked I should
> contact the "pro". When told I already split up the circuit into two
> breakers he commented maybe he would give me a free box of wire
> instead. What do you say to that kind of moronic behaviour that we are
> forced to pay for?
>
> The last inspection I had two months ago the guy whined about how
> "run-off-his-feet" he was and how he was about to have a nervous
> breakdown for 25 minutes (never met before). After I twisted his arm
> to even look at my wiring he breifed over it and asked me if I did
> everything properly...ROFLMFAO
>
>  "DO I get a fucking discount then?"...GEESSSH

Inspectors have their place in the grand scheme of things.  They can't
be called upon to find every little mistake (or oversight), although the
better ones take the time to familiarize themselves with specific
installation and the local talent doing the work.  I remember
overhearing one "electrical" inspection at a local college.  The ceiling
was still open (and the T-Bar frames were well along).  He appeared to
be more concerned with "seismic bracing" than with the fact that the
electrican had just moved two 200 AMP panels from the middle of what was
now the common area floor to the new adjacent wall.  If I wasn't already
familiar with the contractor and the inspector to know better, I'd have
been asking "WTF?"