Re: Home Wiring Question

"Bill Kearney" <wkearney99@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:ddydnacpI9QnxunanZ2dnUVZ_uCinZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> >I (actually SWMBO) want to put an mid room outlet in a slab floor.  Plan
> >is to remove the existing flooring (tile) and trench to a nearby wall
> >outlet. I am assuming that current Elec. Code requires conduit in
> >concrete. Anything else I should be aware of?  I know the area is clear
> >of embedded pipes.
>
> And what does an electrician, licensed to practice in your state, have to
> say?  What does the planning office say to the plans you've submitted?
> Both are necessary if you ever expect your insurance to cover loss in the
> event the wiring sets the house on fire.

Point well taken.

I am trying to decide between doing a floor outlet(s) vice ceiling pendants
to satisfy SWMBO desire for end table lighting in what is becoming the home
theater.  I can cost the latter, but was not sure what the former would
require.

I get homeowner permits for electrical work and get it inspected so there is
no insurance issue, go to the planning office next week for it, one way or
the other.  Its also part of a much larger project.  With such a permit an
electricians license is not required.

The NEC is not rocket science, but there was nothing I could find WRT to
this kind of work, thus the post.