Re: Computer control of an audio multiplexor

On Sun, 2 Dec 2007 17:43:48 -0600, Joe User <axyz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in
message  <kisb25-gkj.ln1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

>On Sun, 02 Dec 2007 21:57:13 +0000, Frank Olson wrote:
>
>> Joe User wrote:
>>>
>>> I need the switching to be 6 stereo signals to 1 stereo signal.
>>>

>> That's pretty well "impossible" to do without something like a KVM
>> switch (with audio).
>
>In my work, I do that sort of thing all the time.  I can buy switching
>instruments from National Instruments to implement any kind of switching
>matrix.
>
>But, using industrial equipment, the whole thing would cost thousands of
>dollars.
>
>I'd like a way to do it at home for reasonable amounts of money.  And,
>especially, make it controllable from the PC.

Then I don't see the obstacle. This could 'easily, simply and
inexpensively' be done with a used National Instruments PIO card and some
relays.  I have some like-new NI 24- and 96-bit PIO cards for nickels on
the dollar at www.ECOntrol.org/porch_sale.htm

... Marc
Marc_F_Hult
www.ECOntrol.org