Re: Computer control of an audio multiplexor

Marc_F_Hult wrote:

> The "cheapest" is not likely to be the "most flexible".  Nor is the
> "easiest" ?  Which of these superlatives is most important to you ?

I thought I had already laid out the economics of the situation for Mr.
"User". For what it appears he wants to do buying a used RS232
controlled matrix is the most cost effective method. I recommended an
AutoPatch unit off eBay ($160) or one of your Ivie 784PW units ($70).

Either of these devices are ready to go with well documented protocols.
Buy it, hook it up, and you are good to go. I may have opted for a RS232
controlled relay card but all I could find had SPDT relays and he wants
stereo which would involve modification and expense.

If you count your time there is little savings in fabricating anything
at those prices, especially yours!