Re: monoprice

On Dec 3, 11:44 am, "Bill Kearney" <wkearney-99@hot-mail-com> wrote:
> >Yes, I was disgusted by the outrageous prices of HDMI cables and found
> >this place from another discussion on a different board.  So I passed
> >it along.
>
> No chit!  It's APPALLING what customers are being gouged for HDMI cables in
> retail channels.  I've got a 50' Monster cable brand HDMI cable side-by-side
> with one from Monoprice.  I've swapped them and noticed absolutely no
> difference between them.  I've used a Silicon Optix test DVD on a Oppo
> player to really push for the highest quality picture tests and they're
> indistinguishable in picture and sound quality.  I only bought the Monster
> one because it was in-stock locally and we had guests coming over.

I know, I needed 2 runs at 25 feet each so that I would not have any
wasted ports on my projector, also I wanted to run the composite, S,
component and rs232 ports back to my rack too.  (The cable price
easily exceeding the projector price had I shopped at the big box)
All the VooDoo hype still cant beat 22 gauge wire vs the 24 to 28
gauge in the monster cable, I have never seen 22 gauge at the big
box.  Since HDMI is a digital signal its either there or its not.
Unlike analog signals which are usually more suseptable to
capacitance, shielding, long runs, etc.