Re: Shielded or Non-shielded Cat5e Cable???

"bruceR" <nospam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> I think you're meaning to say shielded jacks instead of faceplates. In any
> case, the FTP also indicates that the cable uses stranded twisted pairs.
Do
> yourself a favor - regift the cable and buy a new box of Cat5e Unshielded
> solid conductor twisted pair. You can buy a box at Home Depot very
> reasonably (look in the bulk cable section).

Don't forget to check with local cable suppliers, they're cheaper than the
box stores.

Bruce is right about the stranded issue, you don't want to be using stranded
wire with anything other than the sort of connectors designed to support it.
Most aren't, as they expect to be used with solid core wire.