Re: Idea for Cheap Alarm System

> If "on the cheap" is the whole theme of this thread, I can imagine a simple timer circuit (a one shot with a duration of say 30-36
> hours). It's "reset" by the person each day (like my dad and the pull chain), but if the timer goes off, the alarm is triggered.
> There probably needs to be a simple disable, in the event that the person will be gone for a couple days.

Altronix makes a Tempo2 (replaces the TT1) 2-stage timer.
It could be rigged to trigger a voice/pager dialer such as
Paravox 710.  If the timer gets no signal for 24 hours (or
whatever duration seems appropriate) the dialer starts calling
4 different numbers, repeating until someone responds.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics