Re: X10 to Wireless signal

On Jul 20, 7:26 pm, larry.erd...@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> We installed a Town & Country fireplace in our home and it has its own
> proprietary wall mounted control and wireless RF remote contol.  I am
> looking for a way to control it with my X10 powerline system and Plato
> software.  I think the wall unit has the RF receiver in it and so I
> don't want to replace that.  Is there an X10 to RF device out there
> that could take my powerline signals and translate them to RF? It
> would probably have to be a learning system since  I can't imagine my
> signals would be in its library.
>
> Many thanks for advice!
> Larry

Larry,

I'm disturbed by this a little.  Controlling a fireplace properly
requires controls that always fail safe.  X10 is a convenience
technology, not suited to what you want to do.  My biggest fear is
that the fire would be turned on when you are on vacation or
something.  Even if the signal is in the library how could you
guarantee that spurious X10 or program bugs would not turn it on
unknowingly?

Rick