Re: Wireless surveillance system

On Mon, 06 Aug 2007 08:11:55 -0700, Dimbo Spams wrote:

> http://www.wilife.com/Default.aspx
> I have had great success with this product, can be viewed from a remote
> location via internet, uses your computer for storing video, and uses
> house wiring for camera power and video transmission...................I
> have 6 cameras set up..................

Thank you all for the advice!

1) How good is the image quality? Cable quality? Dvd quality? Antenna?
2) Can other home appliances get fried accidentally?
3) The usb receiver needs some software (provided), which I assume runs
under Windows. I run exclusively Linux on my pcs though. Can the images
be handled by the v4l/v4l2 drivers? I know how to grab images via v4l and
I can write my own interfaces, as long as I can access the usb port via
the v4l drivers. Is there anything needed? Some usb stuff, maybe? Perhaps
I should ask this question in a Linux newsgroup, but I'm asking it here
too in the event that someone is using homeplug under Linux.