arc fault breaker with x-10 problem

I have just got the electricity connected to a new house.  There are three
bedroom circuits that code required to have arc fault breakers.  Those
circuits have x-10 sockets, dimmer switches, and flourescent-controlling
relay switches.

The breakers on all three circuits trip immediately when they are closed.
To test the wiring I swapped out the arc fault breakers with "regular"
breakers.  Everything worked.

I must not be the first person to have experienced this problem, but I
couldn't find anything on previous posts (nor elsewhere on the web) that
dealt with it.

Any information will be appreciated, even if it's "yeah, you're screwed,
X-10 won't work with arc-fault".

Thanks,

Dennis