Re: arc fault breaker with x-10 problem

"Dennis" <dennis@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:PYOdnSMKd6naHbbbnZ2dnUVZ_hKdnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxx
>I have just got the electricity connected to a new house.  There are three
>bedroom circuits that code required to have arc fault breakers.  Those
>circuits have x-10 sockets, dimmer switches, and flourescent-controlling
>relay switches.

I have found that a fluorescent light, downstream from a
GFCI receptacle, will trip the GFCI when the fluorescent light
is switched from on to off, presumably due to the decaying field
in the ballast for the light creating an unbalanced current in the
GFCI.  I would disconnect the fluorescent circuity to see if
that is the source of your problem.