Re: Water heater eating X-10 signal

In article <tqSUh.312813$5j1.241452@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, JeffVolp@xxxxxxx (Jeff Volp) writes:

| A heavy electrical load across the two phases normally helps X10 signal
| distribution, so there must be something more here than just the heater
| element.

He mentioned that he has an "active phase coupler."  If by that he
means what we normally call a repeater and if the repeater is of a
design that drives the two legs out of phase then a heavy leg-to-leg
load will diminish the apparent signal level as the carriers interfere
destructively.

				Dan Lanciani
				ddl@danlan.*com