Re: Drilling for conduit

> Milwaukee makes some drills specifically for this purpose.  They are similar to forstner bits except that the outer ring has many
> teeth along it (but not as many as a hole saw) and there is a screw center to help pull the bit into the wood.

When we bought an older home some years ago I needed to do the same thing.  The walls were plaster over wood lath and nothing lined
up.  I found it much easier to locate a closet on the second floor that was partially over another closet on the first floor.  I
used a Milwaukee hole saw to cut two large diameter holes in the floor of the 2nd story closet and through the ceiling of the 1st.
I did the same thing in the first level going down to the basement.  I punched through to the attic and installed two wiring
cabinets there and two more in the basement.  A few offset fittings eliminated the need to bend 2" EMT (I've never been good at
conduit bending) to fit snugly onto the corners.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics