Re: Entertainment Door Opener

"Jim" <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:1TSNh.146$5e2.145@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Hello,
>
> I have a TV inside an entertainment center with doors. I would like a
> remote door opener that would
> allow me to open and close the doors. Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Jim

What you need is call a linear actuator. The lenght of stroke will depend on
the geometery of the cabinet doors and force required to open them. They are
usually sold in kits with mounting hardware. You will have to come up with
the control strategy and circuitry.

Look here for a start. http://www.firgelliauto.com/show_info.php?page_id=20

Opening a cabinet door is similar to a TV lift that has been allowed to
rotate along a vertical axis.